`Hate Story` is India`s `Basic Instinct`: Nikhil Dwivedi
New Delhi: Bollywood actor Nikhil Dwivedi, who is gearing up for the release of his upcoming erotic thriller "Hate Story", feels that the movie is India`s first `Basic Instinct`.
‘Hate Story’, produced by Vikram Bhatt and starring Paoli Dam in the lead role and is already creating a lot of buzz with it`s explicit trailer. Nikhil says its in the lines of the Hollywood film starring Sharon Stone in terms of boldness.
"Had I not liked it I`d not have been part of it. First thing that came to my mind was, oh! it`s a "Basic Instinct" in India. I thought, why not be a part of India`s first erotic thriller? I have tried not to walk the trodden path. And this is an erotic thriller which is has been handled aesthetically," Nikhil told reporters.
Directed by Vivek Agnihotri, the film also stars Gulshan Devaiah of ‘Shaitan’ fame. It will hit the theatres on April 20.
"It (film) has pushed the envelope of depicting erotica or portraying sexuality in Indian films to the boundaries. I`m still gung-ho about the story and that is something the audience is going to look forward to. If the story is good they`ll like else they may not. But, at the end of the day it`s just a film," he said.
Nikhil, who made his Bollywood debut in 2008 with ‘My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves’, said he was initially offered the role of co-star Gulshan Devaiah but turned it down as he is too shy to do intimate scenes on-screen.
I was initially offered the exact opposite role, the one that Gulshan is playing now, the dark character. But, I have my own reservations as an actor, and I`m very shy doing intimate scenes, so I decided not to do that role," he added.
Although, the film might not go down well with some due to its steamy scenes, Nikhil feels that the Indian audience is mature enough to handle such a subject.
"We as the biggest democracy are mature to elect our own government and not mature to handle such a theme in cinema? A-list stars of Hollywood have been part of films like `Basic Instinct`, `Fatal Attraction` or `Original Sin` with very sexually volatile scenes.
"But, the reasons they are so successful is because those scenes are so essential to the plot. Here, the audience might get shocked at the explicit nature of the film, but they will not say - `oh my god, why are they doing this?`," he said.
Talking about her co-star Paoli, Nikhil said, "I think she is hungry and ambitious. It`s been good working with her so far. I have not seen the whole film but I think she has tried giving her best."
The ‘Shor in the City’ actor, who left a corporate career to pursue acting, says the risk was worth taking and he is enjoying the whole experience.
"It has been rewarding from the day I stepped in front of the camera. I already have another film lined up, ‘Tamanchey’ about two outlaws falling in love," Nikhil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My mom, wife worried about my health: Aamir Khan
- Found my inspiration from a 'besura' singer: Harmeet Singh
- Always had Irrfan, Amitabh Bachchan in mind for 'Piku': Sircar
- Richa Chadha extends Cannes trip for 'detox'
- Badshah's new song 'Pinjra' on honour killings
- Amitabh Bachchan rehearses even with spotboys, reveals 'Piku' director
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sidharth Malhotra off to Coonoor to shoot for 'Kapoor and Sons'
- Amitabh Bachchan's great memories 34 years after 'Lawaris'
- Manisha Koirala partners with UNFPA to help quake-affected women
- Raj Babbar, Salma Agha may star in a film
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- Sculpt your looks like Moore, N'yongo did at Cannes
- Keep neck jewellery light in summer
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe