`Mean Girls` star Daniel Franzese comes out as gay
New York: Actor Daniel Franzese, who starred with Lindsay Lohan and Lizzy Caplan in 2004 hit `Mean Girls`, has come out as gay by writing a letter to his character.
Franzese thanked his famous role for giving him the courage to come out of the closet.
The 35-year-old actor wrote an open letter to his character Damian for Indie Wire, explaining his journey coming out of the closet, reported New York Daily News.
"I wished I`d had you as a role model when I was younger. It might`ve been easier to be gay growing up."
Franzese explained that he originally resisted playing Damian to avoid hitting a "gay glass ceiling" in the casting process.
"It wasn`t until years later that grown men started coming up to me on the street -- some of them in tears -- and thanking me for being a role model to them. Telling me I gave them comfort not only being young and gay but also being a big dude."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- Sushmita Sen grooving to Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' is the coolest thing you will WATCH today!
- Ranbir Kapoor thanks Gauri Khan for making his 'first home' more special, pens heartfelt message!