Aamir Khan’s nude ‘PK’ standee removed following objection raised by women
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: The makers of ‘PK’ would have never dreamt of such a reception to the first poster of the film- a poster that shows a nude Aamir Khan standing on a railway track with just a transistor covering his essentials!
Women groups reportedly protested against the installation of a standee of Aamir Khan in the ‘PK’ poster and the same has apparently been removed by the theatre owner following police complaint.
A theatre owner of one of Mumbai’s oldest theatres had no choice but to remove the standee that was put on display after a policeman asked him to do so. A group of women objected to the “obscene poster” and made a loud noise to get it removed.
Aamir had shared the poster of the film on Twitter on August 1 stating:
What do you think guys? Tell me fast... butterflies in my stomach!!! pic.twitter.com/7391fCreHU
— Aamir Khan (@aamir_khan) July 31, 2014
However, there hasn’t been any response from the ‘PK’ team to the outrage that has been making headlines since the last few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!