Elvis Presley also twerked: Miley Cyrus
London: Pop star Miley Cyrus is adamant music icon Elvis Presley danced in an intimate way but was not blasted for it because he is male.
The 'Wrecking Ball' hitmaker regularly comes under fire for her provocative dance moves, raunchy outfits and for stripping naked in music promos and magazine shoots.
She believes there is a double standard because she is shamed for her onstage behaviour while Presley was not.
"Elvis, he wasn't wearing the outfits I was wearing but he was coming out and he was doing like the Og (original) twerking... Like, no one wants to admit that he was twerking, he was...
"He was like sex. He was a symbol of sex... It's that double standard and I think I'm doing something for the double standard," she said on TV show 'Sunday Night'.
Presley died in 1977, aged 42.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri