Elvis Presley also twerked: Miley Cyrus
London: Pop star Miley Cyrus is adamant music icon Elvis Presley danced in an intimate way but was not blasted for it because he is male.
The 'Wrecking Ball' hitmaker regularly comes under fire for her provocative dance moves, raunchy outfits and for stripping naked in music promos and magazine shoots.
She believes there is a double standard because she is shamed for her onstage behaviour while Presley was not.
"Elvis, he wasn't wearing the outfits I was wearing but he was coming out and he was doing like the Og (original) twerking... Like, no one wants to admit that he was twerking, he was...
"He was like sex. He was a symbol of sex... It's that double standard and I think I'm doing something for the double standard," she said on TV show 'Sunday Night'.
Presley died in 1977, aged 42.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Here's how Bollywood biggies Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan plan to celebrate Diwali
- Sanjay Dutt's comeback film 'Marco' to go on floors next year!
- Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu wrap up Malaysia schedule of 'Naam Shabana'