Gay friends made her a rock star: Courtney Love
London: Courtney Love says her gay friends taught her how to be a rock star. The `Hole` singer credits her homosexual friends with helping her learn how to dress well and have a commanding presence when she enters a room, reportedly.
"When I was a kid I was definitely what you would call a hag because that`s how I learned to dress and be extrovert and walk into a room," Love said.
"But at the same time, musician Julian Cope taught me a lot about that when I lived in Liverpool and he wasn`t gay.
"I would say my freshman year of learning how to be a rock star was just hanging around drag queens, and my sophomore year was going to Liverpool and spending about two years with that crew of people and learning," she said.
Love, who was married to late Nirvana rocker Kurt Cobain and has battled drug addiction in the past, believes she is regarded as a gay icon because she is a survivor, and also knows how to `clean up nice`.
"I think it`s surviving. It has to be. Surviving, and also the ability to do drag , to clean up nice... And also... I`ve done things other people can`t do.
"I`ve crossed over, I`ve been a movie star, I`ve lived through all sorts of crazy things I shouldn`t have lived through. I`ve had huge ups, huge downs, and I`ve landed on my feet. I think that`s what qualifies you," Love said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Priyanka Chopra talks about wedding plans, says 'I believe you are single until you are married'
- Alia Bhatt's Filmfare win: You will be amazed to know how father Mahesh Bhatt celebrated
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard