I know of gay actors who haven`t come out, says Michael Douglas
London: Actor Michael Douglas says that he knows of gay Hollywood actors who have stayed in the closet in order to protect their careers.
The Oscar-winning actor and producer recently starred as entertainer Liberace, who denied being gay during his lifetime, in the Steven Soderbergh-directed biopic "Behind the Candelabra", reported Digital Spy.
Asked if he thought the public would struggle to accept an openly gay actor playing a straight character, Douglas replied, "It`s a good question. Without naming names, I certainly think there are a couple of people out there who have not come out in the spirit of protecting their careers and livelihoods. It`s probably a little bit more difficult going that way. I think that`s true."
Douglas also recalled meeting Liberace with his father Kirk Douglas when he was 12.
"He just stopped to say hello, this guy in this Rolls-Royce convertible with sunlight bouncing off the gold and diamonds round his fingers, round his neck.
"His hair was perfect. And he just looked like this happy guy. He was a wonder, really well-liked, really popular, very generous, great party thrower. That was about the only time."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!