Indian-born actress sues `Top Gear`s Clarkson over `racist` comment
London: An Indian-born actress has filed a lawsuit against ` Top Gear` presenter Jeremy Clarkson after he used the word ` slope `, which is considered a derogatory term for people of Asian descent, in the final show of the series.
According to a leading daily, 36-year-old Somi Guha`s actions could cost the channel 1 million pounds in punitive damages under equality laws, unless the network apologises and censures the hit motoring show.
In her formal written complaint, Guha said that casual racism in the media by established stalwarts from the channel is constantly brushed aside.
Guha asserted that she finds it offensive discrimination within the industry and racial profiling is accepted and expected.
Clarkson referring to people of different races in pejorative terms tells children that it is ok to bully and make racist comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- Ironic twist to Raees promotion, man who died in Vadodara commotion wasn’t there to see Shah Rukh Khan
- Jallikattu issue: No law is infallible, says Kamal Haasan
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with family of man who died in Vadodara commotion during 'Raees' promotion