Indian-born actress sues `Top Gear`s Clarkson over `racist` comment
London: An Indian-born actress has filed a lawsuit against ` Top Gear` presenter Jeremy Clarkson after he used the word ` slope `, which is considered a derogatory term for people of Asian descent, in the final show of the series.
According to a leading daily, 36-year-old Somi Guha`s actions could cost the channel 1 million pounds in punitive damages under equality laws, unless the network apologises and censures the hit motoring show.
In her formal written complaint, Guha said that casual racism in the media by established stalwarts from the channel is constantly brushed aside.
Guha asserted that she finds it offensive discrimination within the industry and racial profiling is accepted and expected.
Clarkson referring to people of different races in pejorative terms tells children that it is ok to bully and make racist comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raped woman' remark: More trouble for Salman Khan, NCW summons actor on July 8
- Bold and Blunt! This is how Kangana Ranaut reacted to a question about Hrithik Roshan
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members
- Viral video: Kapil Sharma’s take on ‘Angrezipanti’ will make you respect your mother tongue even more
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions