Indian-born actress sues `Top Gear`s Clarkson over `racist` comment
London: An Indian-born actress has filed a lawsuit against ` Top Gear` presenter Jeremy Clarkson after he used the word ` slope `, which is considered a derogatory term for people of Asian descent, in the final show of the series.
According to a leading daily, 36-year-old Somi Guha`s actions could cost the channel 1 million pounds in punitive damages under equality laws, unless the network apologises and censures the hit motoring show.
In her formal written complaint, Guha said that casual racism in the media by established stalwarts from the channel is constantly brushed aside.
Guha asserted that she finds it offensive discrimination within the industry and racial profiling is accepted and expected.
Clarkson referring to people of different races in pejorative terms tells children that it is ok to bully and make racist comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriage
- Diwali 2016: Cash, coupons most sought after gifts, says ASSOCHAM study
- Unique ideas that will help you immortalise your wedding
- Bigg Boss 10: Will Om Swami be the next India wala to face eviction?
- Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone – who will romance a Chinese star after Salman Khan?