Jodie Foster almost `comes out` during acceptance speech at Golden Globes
New York: Jodi Foster, who has long kept her private life as guarded as anyone in Hollywood, came as close as she ever has to outing herself publicly as a lesbian, while accepting the Cecille B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement at Sunday night’s Golden Globes.
Foster said that she had a sudden urge to say something that she had never been able to air in public that she is a little nervous about, the New York Daily News reported.
“So I’m just going to put it out there, loud and proud. I’m going to need your support on this. I am… single,” she said, eliciting much laughter and applause.
But she quickly shifted the topic into a more serious note – one that left acting peers like Anne Hathaway with tears streaming down their cheeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kabir Khan shares pic of stunning location where Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will begin
- Check out five stunning Instagram photos of ‘Mohenjo Daro’ beauty Pooja Hegde
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court in two chinkara poaching cases
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon