John Barrowman gets flak for gay marriage
London: Actor John Barrowman was bombarded with online abuse after he shared the news of his gay marriage earlier this month.
The 46-year-old actor, who married his long-term partner Scott Gill in the US July 2 after the lawmakers at the country`s Supreme Court paved way for same-sex unions, received a lot of congratulatory messages from fans initially. But he has now revealed that he also became a target for homophobic abuse, reports contactmusic.com.
"I don`t get it. Some of the comments were outrageously vile. Quoting lines from the Bible. I won`t tolerate it. People like that are banned on my Twitter account. I tell them to f**k off," he said.
"People have a right to their beliefs but it doesn`t mean they have to be nasty and deny other people their human rights. The world is not going to change and fall apart because a gay couple got married. It`s a way for us to celebrate our love. That`s it," Borrowman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'