Liam Hemsworth defends girlfriend Miley Cyrus’ ‘marijuana’ joke
Washington: Actor Liam Hemsworth is apparently still enraged over the criticism his girlfriend Miley Cyrus faced, when she joked about her love for marijuana on her 19th birthday bash last year.
The singer/actress’ birthday party in November (11) became big news when video footage of her bold speech went viral on the Internet.
In the clip, Cyrus made reference to reports she was a ‘pot head’ when she was presented with her cake, which resembled reggae legend Bob Marley.
“You know you’re a stoner when friends make you a Bob Marley cake - you know you smoke way too much f**kin`` weed,” she had quipped.
Gossip bloggers had reported what they considered an admission of her marijuana use.
But the 22-year-old has defended Cyrus’ act, insisting that her privacy was intruded.
“She’s in a room full of her best friends and you have one person who comes in there and videos it. The poor girl can’t have one night where she can feel safe in her own world. It’s ridiculous,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling Details magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'