Maggie Gyllenhaal’s friends gifted her vibrators to mark her film ‘Hysteria’
New York: Maggie Gyllenhaal has said that she was swarmed with gift vibrators from friends by the end of filming ‘Hysteria’, which is about the invention of the device.
“By the time I finished the movie I`d been sent maybe 15 vibrators by different people in London with vibrator stores. It was a pleasant surprise,” she said.
“So I have this incredible collection, and I actually use like one or two of them. I lend them to my friends, and they’ll take them for six months at a time,” she added.
Director Tanya Wexler’s romantic comedy chronicles the true story of how two London doctors, played by Hugh Dancy and Jonathan Pryce, came to invent the first electric vibrator, as they treated women said to be suffering from hysteria in the 1880s with the help of a pal fascinated by gadgets (Rupert Everett), reports the New York Daily News.
Physically exhausted by treating the women with pelvic massages, they invented a motorized device using the prototype for a spinning feather duster to quicken the climax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif upset with Ranbir Kapoor for talking about their relationship during an interview?
- Revealed! Release date of Shah Rukh Khan's next with Aanand L Rai
- These simple Vaastu tips will declutter your mind
- Research points out how aged wine gets its aroma
- Priyanka Chopra may shift to Los Angeles for five years! Details inside