Miley Cyrus` racy gig draws complaints from US parent-group
London: Miley Cyrus has drawn the ire of a parenting pressure group in the US following her racy performance at the MTV VMAs, where she was seen dancing provocatively in a nude bikini with fellow singer Robin Thicke.
The Parents Television Council filed a complaint against the channel, claiming that the show should not have been rated as suitable for 14-year-olds, the BBC reported.
The `We can`t stop` hit maker`s dad Billy Ray Cyrus is also a member of the PTC`s advisory board.
Dan Isett, PTC`s director of public policy, said that MTV marketed adults-only material to children while falsely manipulating the content rating to make parents think the content was safe for their children.
One of the advisory board member also said that the duo`s performance simply substituted talent with sex.
The group also criticized MTV for airing a condom ad during the show, along with Lady Gaga`s opening act, which ended in a sea-shell bikini.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!