Miley Cyrus supports Disney Channel`s same sex marriage storyline
London: Miley Cyrus has praised the Disney Channel for featuring a gay storyline.
The singer formerly known as Hannah Montana was thrilled after the network confirmed they will broadcast an episode of Good Luck Charlie featuring a family of two mums and their kids.
After hearing about the storyline, she wrote on her Twitter page that she commends Disney for making this step into the light of this generation, the Mirror reported.
The 20-year-old singer further wrote that the channel controls much of what kids think and that life doesn`t only account for bright sets, wardrobe and kids becoming superstars.
She also termed the concept as inspiring.
The `Just Like You` singer further wrote that the channel is taking a big step forward.
The episode starring the same-sex couple will be the first in its history of their family show and will be on air next year as part of the final season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Look who is playing Indrani Mukerjea in a film on Sheena Bora murder mystery?
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!