Model Andreja Pejic comes out as transgender
Los Angeles: Model Andreja Pejic, who was earlier known as Andrej Pejic, has publicly come out as a transgender woman.
The model, who has appeared on covers of Elle and French Vogue, said she will solely model women`s fashion in future.
"To all trans youth out there, I would like to say respect yourself and be proud of who you are," Pejic told a magazine.
"All human beings deserve equal treatment no matter their gender identity or sexuality. To be perceived as what you say you are is a basic human right."
Pejic later posted a selfie on Facebook.
"I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the love and support throughout the years. You`ve all helped me through this journey and I have learned a lot and really come into my own and the response to today`s announcement truly overwhelmed me and reminds me of why I chose to do this publicly.
"I think we all evolve as we get older and that`s normal but I like to think that my recent transition hasn`t made me into a different individual. Same person, no difference at all just a different sex I hope you can all understand that," Pejic posted on the social networking website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Half Girlfriend: Shraddha Kapoor's sporty look grabs eyeballs in fresh still – See pic
- Diljit Dosanjh's thank you note to Hindi film industry will melt your heart!