Monica Dogra roots for LGBT cause with new US short film
New Delhi: Singer-actress Monica Dogra says that she is in favour of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rights and when she was offered a lesbian`s role in American short film `Relapse`, she was thrilled.
"Relapse" tells the story of two women in love torn by an illness. Produced by Film Independent in Los Angeles, the film also stars Casey Legler - the first woman to be signed exclusively as a male model.
“I am very happy to be a part of a film that revolves around the idea I firmly believe in, and working with Casey has been an exciting experience, being an ex-Olympian she pushes herself to take a step further every time and seeing her doing that motivates me to bring out the best in me,” Monica said in a statement.
The film, directed by Rosie Haiber, will be premiered at the LA film festival June 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dilip Kumar turns 94: It will be quiet birthday this time, says wife Saira Banu
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees'
- Dilip Kumar to celebrate 94th birthday at home?
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan not allowed to watch TV on weekdays!
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni engaged to girlfriend Shriya Bhupal!