Natalie Portman, Benjamin Millepied support gay marriages
London: Actress Natalie Portman and her fiance Benjamin Millepied are backing a campaign to legalise same sex marriage.
Portman, 29, who is expecting a baby with Millepied, has signed up to back the Say, `I Do` drive by the `Freedom to Marry` organisation, which supports and aims to legalise same-sex unions throughout America, reported Femalefirst.
"Natalie Portman and her fiance, Benjamin Millepied, are in love, and believe all loving couples should be able to share in the freedom to marry without discrimination.
"That is why they are joining the more than 100,000 people on Freedom to Marry`s Say, `I Do` Open Letter calling on the President to do the right thing and become part of America`s majority for marriage," a statement from `Freedom to Marry` read.
The campaign kicked off with an open letter to President Barack Obama, urging him to support marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples, and it has been signed by scores of stars including Anne Hathaway, Jane Lynch, Martin Sheen and LeAnn Rimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult