Natalie Portman, Benjamin Millepied support gay marriages
London: Actress Natalie Portman and her fiance Benjamin Millepied are backing a campaign to legalise same sex marriage.
Portman, 29, who is expecting a baby with Millepied, has signed up to back the Say, `I Do` drive by the `Freedom to Marry` organisation, which supports and aims to legalise same-sex unions throughout America, reported Femalefirst.
"Natalie Portman and her fiance, Benjamin Millepied, are in love, and believe all loving couples should be able to share in the freedom to marry without discrimination.
"That is why they are joining the more than 100,000 people on Freedom to Marry`s Say, `I Do` Open Letter calling on the President to do the right thing and become part of America`s majority for marriage," a statement from `Freedom to Marry` read.
The campaign kicked off with an open letter to President Barack Obama, urging him to support marriage rights for gay and lesbian couples, and it has been signed by scores of stars including Anne Hathaway, Jane Lynch, Martin Sheen and LeAnn Rimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!