Rob Lowe tells Oprah ‘celebrity sex tape’ was best thing to happen
Washington: Rob Lowe has revealed to talk show host Oprah Winfrey that having the first ‘celebrity sex tape’ actually was a positive thing for him.
Lowe, 47, who is promoting his new autobiography ‘Stories I Only Tell My Friends’, said that the scandalous tape that surfaced in 1989 changed his life for the better.
"It ends up being the greatest thing that ever happened to me," Radar Online quoted him as telling Oprah.
"What it ends up doing is accelerating my alcohol stuff to where I finally get sober.
"I have been able to have the rest of my life, that I’m so blessed with, which has now been 20 years of sobriety," he added.
The book, which Lowe said he wrote in long hand by himself, is a "handbook for his children", revealing his personal struggles, rise to fame and inside details of his Hollywood lifestyle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing