Rooney Mara ‘freaked’ over nipple-piercing, shaved eyebrows for ‘Dragon Tattoo’
Washington: Rooney Mara has said that while she wasn’t bothered by her non-glamorous role in ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’, it was her makeover for the film that freaked her out at first.
The actress traded her long locks and sweet girl appearance for a super freaky look - shaving her eyebrows, chopping her hair, and piercing her nipple, nose and brow to take on the hard-hitting role of Lisbeth Salander.
“I was fazed by the transformation,” Fox News quoted her as saying.
“The eyebrows changed the way I looked the most, but I would say it freaked me out for maybe two minutes then I was fine,” she said.
The transformation has obviously paid off, as last week Mara scored a Golden Globe nomination for her role in the mystery/thriller.
“It’s a nice surprise, we all worked really hard on the movie and I just hope when it comes out people go and see it and really appreciate it,” she said.
“But I don’t think anyone makes a movie with [awards season] in their mind,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panchmukhi Hanuman – Know significance and reasons to pray Him!
- Kapil Sharma invites you to unlimited fun with Mika Singh and Chris Gayle at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Johnny Depp's lawyer responds to Amber Heard's abuse allegations