Rooney Mara has no problem with onscreen nudity
Los Angeles: Actress Rooney Mara finds nothing wrong with going nude onscreen and believes it should not shock people.
The actress, who filmed graphic sex scenes for her Oscar-nominated role as Lisbeth Sander in `The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo`, however, insists that such scenes should make sense in a scene.
"I certainly don`t want to be involved in anything that is gratuitous, but I don`t think the human body is something to be ashamed of. Every other person on the planet has the same parts as I do. So seeing them shouldn`t be a huge shock to most people," Mara told Interview magazine.
Director Steven Soderbergh, who directed her in `Side Effects`, interviewed the actress and joked that she is naked in every film.
Explaining her stance, the petite star said, "If the character should be nude in the scene and it makes sense and I trust the person making the film?and I regret my decision to trust you now that I know you more? then I don`t see a problem with it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala