Self-proclaimed 40yr-old virgin TV actor `not 40 or virgin`
London: The shy, bumbling star of `TV`s 40-Year-Old Virgins` is actually a 45-year-old professional actor who has had sex before, it has been claimed.
Channel 4 viewers saw balding "IT engineer Clive" burst into tears as he struggled to get intimate with women.
The cardigan and specs-wearing loner jetted to the US for treatment and was filmed shouting "I just had sex!" after apparently losing his virginity to a blonde therapist.
But pals have claimed that he`s been faking it all along and he is actually actor Clive Dancey, who has appeared in Midsomer Murders and TV ads for Stella Artois. They also said he`s 45 not 40, the Sun reported.
A source has revealed that Clive has had sexual relations in the past and is not the hand-wringing virgin depicted in the show.
The source added that he`s a good actor and used his skills to full effect and criticise Channel 4 for not being fully transparent about this.
Clive, a member of Equity whose Twitter account is @actorclive, lives in a 180,000-pound two-bedroom flat in Hertfordshire. He has a novelty US licence plate in his front window printed with the word ACTOR, plus a Sunset Boulevard street sign.
His online CV at CastingCallPro lists impressive credits including Shakespeare plays, pantomimes and voiceovers for the animated series of Doctor Who.
When confronted about them, Clive said: "Um, yeah, I need to speak to somebody because I`ve been advised not to say anything about that."
When approached by The Sun, Channel 4 insisted Clive was an IT engineer when the show was recorded but is now an actor.
Bosses admitted he was 45, not 40, and had had "sexual contact which was never consummated" before recording the programme.
"Clive considered himself a virgin at the time of filming. While he has had a small number of relationships in the past, with some limited physical contact, none was fully consummate," a spokeswoman said.
The spokeswoman added that programme-makers were also aware Clive acted in pantomimes in his spare time, but said they strongly refute any allegation the programme is in any way faked.
The show has sparked several complaints and Mediawatch suggested it was in danger of crossing the line into voyeurism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Emilia Clarke called 'Dragon Lady' in shops
- Kangana Ranaut inaugurates first Gap store in India
- Nicki Minaj particular about sex
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Levine's throat problem cancels 'Maroon 5' concert
- Adele is going to be me in 40 years: Stevie Nicks
- Mother's death made me a musician: Bono
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- 'Entourage' soundtrack out in June
- Getting perfect pitch possible for some adult musicians
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi