Spanish band Mei Ming under fire for explicit sex scene in music video
New York: Spanish band Mei Ming is under fire for including an explicit sex scene in the music video of their song ` Take Me As I Am.`
The music video shows two musicians stripping down, painting their bodies with the name of the group and then having intercourse, the New York Daily News reported.
Juan Ramos , who has directed the collaborative project featuring various musicians, told Publico that the footage is intended to highlight the difficulties, which is being faced by artists during the recession.
Ramos said that the sex scene was a symbol and criticism of what an artist nowadays needs to do to become known.
He said that the artists only decided to perform actual sex on the condition that the reason, why they were doing so, was "visible and explicit."
But his claims have been questioned by viewers, who believe that it is just a cheap publicity gimmick.
Mei Ming`s website states that the collaborative group was formed in 2008, and performs mainly at venues in Valencia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!