Stephen Merchant too geeky to attract women
London: British funnyman Stephen Merchant still feels too geeky to attract women, despite his success in Hollywood.
The long-term writing partner of Ricky Gervais has enjoyed a good run in the US with films including ‘I Give It A Year’, ‘Movie 43’ and ‘Gnomeo & Juliet’, but he still struggles to win over the ladies, reported Contactmusic.
"I was thinking I am a player here in L.A. In my Mercedes convertible. The sun was shining, the roof was down, I pulled up to these traffic lights, and there was a girl in a convertible next to me. I glanced across, she was an attractive lady and I thought here we go, this is what it is all about," Merchant said.
"And then I realised I am fundamentally not cool because as I was giving her the eye I realised I was listening to a (UK broadcaster) Melvyn Bragg podcast about the English Civil War. I can`t quite lose that British nerdiness, however hard I try."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali Lakshmi Pujan 2016: Timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Naraka Chaturdashi 2016: Choti Diwali Abhyang Snan timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Here's how Bollywood biggies Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan plan to celebrate Diwali