Stephen Merchant too geeky to attract women
London: British funnyman Stephen Merchant still feels too geeky to attract women, despite his success in Hollywood.
The long-term writing partner of Ricky Gervais has enjoyed a good run in the US with films including ‘I Give It A Year’, ‘Movie 43’ and ‘Gnomeo & Juliet’, but he still struggles to win over the ladies, reported Contactmusic.
"I was thinking I am a player here in L.A. In my Mercedes convertible. The sun was shining, the roof was down, I pulled up to these traffic lights, and there was a girl in a convertible next to me. I glanced across, she was an attractive lady and I thought here we go, this is what it is all about," Merchant said.
"And then I realised I am fundamentally not cool because as I was giving her the eye I realised I was listening to a (UK broadcaster) Melvyn Bragg podcast about the English Civil War. I can`t quite lose that British nerdiness, however hard I try."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Academy retains PwC, takes steps to avoid another Oscars fiasco
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Karisma Kapoor's shopping PIC defines sister squad goals!
- Meri Pyaari Bindu FIRST LOOK out! Parineeti Chopra and Ayushmann Khurrana set for a quirky tale
- Beyhadh written update, March 29 full episode: Maya aka Jennifer Winget's pole dance leaves Arjun fuming!
- Move Your Lakk song alert! 'Noor' Sonakshi Sinha shimmers with Diljit Dosanjh and Badshah