Steroids have shrunk my manhood, says Rod Stewart
London: Rod Stewart has revealed that his use of steroids has shrunk his manhood.
The singer, famed for bedding a string of beautiful women, began using steroids to boost his strained vocal cords before gigs.
The dad of eight did not mind talking about how the medication wrecked his body.
He said that he let himself down on tours in the late 80s when he was addicted to steroids.
"In those days we didn`t have in-ear monitors. The band kept getting louder and drunker, and I kept blowing my voice out," the Daily Star quoted him as saying.
He said that the steroids had also made him "fat and bloated", adding, "You can`t sleep and you get really irritable."
The 68-year-old, who had surgery for thyroid cancer in 2000, admitted he still uses steroids ahead of big gigs.
He told Mojo magazine that he still uses them around once a year if he is really struggling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Twinkle Khanna reveals her healthy alternatives!
- Priyanka Chopra feels 'blessed' to work with Blair Underwood, Aunjanue Ellis!
- Pakistani actors already home before MNS threat to leave India
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas