UK university students bare all for saucy controversial calendar
London: A university equestrian club has hit back at critics who labelled their provocative calendar last year as “porn,” by getting back in the saddle for a saucy follow-up.
As the steamy snaps show, the girls have ignored the naysayers who dismissed their earlier effort as tacky, and once again ditched jodhpurs and jackets for racier attire, the Sun reported.
Charlotte Wright, club captain of Leeds University’s Equestrian Society, said: “We raised so much money last year, and it’s something we’re really proud of.”
“We just thought, any publicity is good publicity when you’re raising money for a good cause.
“We had more girls wanting to do it this year than we could use. I think the result is even better and the calendar looks fantastic,” she said.
Eight members of the society who flashed the flesh last year received international press coverage for posing semi-naked, but raised 2,000 pounds for Otley and District Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA).
And Wright, 22, said that that the negative criticism they received only spurred them on to strip off again - braving the cold November weather and unruly horses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success