Women pay price by having sex: Stephen Fry
London: Broadcaster and writer Stephen Fry has made a controversial statement on female sexuality, saying that they do not enjoy having sex.
In an interview with Attitude Magazine, the openly gay Twitter champion said he believed most straight men felt that “they disgust women” as they “find it difficult to believe that women are as interested in sex as they are”.
“I feel sorry for straight men. The only reason women will have sex with them is that sex is the price they are willing to pay for a relationship with a man, which is what they want,” the Guardian quoted him as saying.
“Of course, a lot of women will deny this and say, ‘Oh no, but I love sex, I love it!’ But do they go around having it the way that gay men do?” he added.
Rosie Boycott, the journalist and feminist, said the remarks were “kind of rubbish”.
The theory has left several commentators bemused. Susie Orbach, the psychotherapist and feminist campaigner, said she was interested in the wider implications of Fry’s beliefs.
Fry, who is currently in a relationship with 25-year-old actor Steven Webb, also talked about his experiences in the ‘extraordinary underworld’ of cottaging in his youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Questions you MUST ask your prospective life partner before getting married
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- If I was home, I'd definitely be voting: Priyanka Chopra
- Comedienne Bharti Singh to tie the knot by the end of 2017!