`Ami Aar Amar Girlfriends` focuses on female bonding
Kolkata: Breaking the stereotype of stories that showcase mainly male bonding, new Bengali film ‘Ami Aar Amar Girlfriends’, set for release later this month, focuses on female bonding, with the director calling it biographical.
‘Ami Aar Amar Girlfriends’ (‘Me and My Girlfriends’) is about three women, professionally very different from each other, having the time of their lives on a trip during which they share their experiences.
"There have been stories of friendship of men being brought up on screen, but this is the first film to look into the friendship of three women. It is an extension of my world, and very biographical," Mainak Bhawmik told reporters on the sidelines of the launch of the film`s trailer at the Stadel Hotel in the satellite township of Salt Lake.
The movie stars Swastika Mukherjee, Raima Sen and Parno Mitra as the leading ladies.
In the movie, one plays an academic counselor, another a radio jockey and the third a writer.
"I choose characters that are different. I play a very different role in the film. Very different from what I played in (Bengali films) `Hawa Bodol` or `Mach Misti & More`. with this movie, one can relate to at some point of our lives," Raima Sen, who plays the writer, told reporters.
She has ‘Shabdo’ and some Bollywood films lined up for release.
Speaking on the filming, Mukherjee said it was "loads of fun".
"The experience was great, we had loads of fun while shooting for the film, it is a different movie from the usual Bengali movies that people come across, this one with women running around in swimsuits and having the time of their lives," Mukherjee said.
The film, scheduled for April 26 release, has been produced by Anirban Aditya of Aditya Productions in association with Tripod Entertainment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Anonymity on Twitter giving people power to misbehave: Swara Bhaskar
- Prabhas, Rana Daggubati’s ‘Baahubali 2’: And the countdown begins now!
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- ''Baahubali', 67 years later, has beaten the magic created by 'Mughal-e-Azam' on screen'
- Baahubali 2: New poster featuring angry Prabhas unveiled! - See pic