`Anjaan` shoot not disrupted by protesters: Producer
Chennai: Producer N. Subhash Chandra Bose says that the shoot of Suriya-starrer Tamil actioner `Anjaan` was halted, but was not disrupted as rumoured. He says everything is under control and the shoot is progressing smoothly.
On Sunday, members of the Tamil fringe groups came to meet N. Linguswamy, director of `Anjaan`, and requested him to stop the screening of his recently distributed Tamil film `Inam` which revolves around a group of orphans during the Sri Lankan civil war.
`The shoot had to be stopped because they had come to meet the director and discuss about `Inam`. There was absolutely no protest as is being rumoured. Everything is under control and we have continued shooting,` Subhash said.
Linguswamy distributed Santosh Sivan-directed `Inam`, which released worldwide Friday. Following the request from these groups, Linguswamy Monday pulled out `Inam` from cinemas in Tamil Nadu.
`We`ve nearly completed 80 percent of the film`s (`Anjaan`) shooting. We are also planning to release the film`s look soon,` he added.
`Anjaan` also features Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Vidyut Jamwal, Manoj Bajpai, Rajpal Yadav, Dalip Tahil in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' new still OUT, trailer set for Dec 19 release!
- Aamir Khan's 'Koffee With Karan' to be a solo affair?
- #ThrowbackThursday! Ranbir Kapoor in a shower cap is beyond cuteness
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Baywatch' TEASER is here and you must WATCH it!
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil Hoon Main' song will make you fall in love all over again!
- Cho Ramaswamy passes away: Tamil film personalities may homage
- Cho Ramaswamy was a multi-dimensional film personality
- Sridevi posts an old classic pic with Jayalalithaa on Twitter
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters