`Anukshanam` release delayed due to bidders` rush
Chennai: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma, who has decided to auction his forthcoming Telugu thriller `Anukshanam` and had planned to release Aug 15, has now postponed it following the overwhelming response to the bidding.
`Anukshanam`, which is based on a psycho killer, features Vishnu Manchu in the lead.
"In view of the overwhelming response we got and still getting for the auction scheme of `Anukshanam`, Vishnu and I have now decided to postpone the release of our film so as to increase both the publicity and optimize the number of theatres," Varma said in a statement.
The bidding for the film started online Aug 2.
"This additional time allows us to do even more justice to the trust the bidders showed in us. We have also decided to extend the deadline of the closing of the auction by three days from 6 p.m. Aug 9 to 6 p.m. Aug 12 to allow the reach even more," he said.
"We also want to now expand the facilitation of the process of bidders having their own names as presenters on the local posters and also on promos in the local channels," he added.
The film also stars Madhu Shalini, Navdeep and Tejaswi Madivada in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!