`Bigg Boss Kannada` TRPs soaring
Mumbai: Reality show ‘Bigg Boss Kannada’, hosted by southern movie star Sudeep, has surpassed the popularity of Kannada version of the ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (KBC) game show with a 4.7 TRP rating and as many as 47,000 votes for individual contestants.
The TRP ratings of the show are much higher. On an average, the show delivers a TRP of 4.7 per week, according to TAM research.
"People are watching every repeat telecast as well as original episode. We are doing better than KBC (Kannada)," said Raghavendra Hunsur, non-fiction programming head, ETV Kannada.
"On national TV, a contestant gets around 30,000 to 35,000 votes. But here each contestant gets around 47,000 votes depending on the popularity of actors and number of people eliminated," he added.
Recently, there was a traditional marriage sequence on the show and the audience connectivity was maximum for that. The TRP went up to 6.76 for the episode when it was beamed May 16.
Currently self-styled astrologer and spiritual Guru Narendra Babu Sharma, National Award winning actor Vijay Raghavendra, actor-director Arun Sagar, actresses Nikita and Chandrika are fighting for the top honour.
The finale will be aired June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Actress resumes work
- The Ghazi Attack: First week Box Office collections figures of Rana Daggubati starrer are out!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Didn’t photograph more actors, says accused Sunil Kumar
- Vikram Vedha: R Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi's on screen face off is incredibly captivating – WATCH
- ‘Baahubali 2’ motion poster will make your jaw drop! WATCH