`Drishyam` celebrates 50 days, strikes gold at box-office
Chennai: Superstar Mohanlal-starrer Malayalam thriller `Drishyam`, which celebrates its 50-day run Thursday, has emerged as the biggest hit in Malayalam filmdom. The film has so far collected over Rs.35 crore at the box-office.
The film, which released Dec 19 last year, was reportedly made on a budget of Rs.4.5 crore.
"It celebrates 50-day run at the box-office not only in Kerala but as well as in Tamil Nadu. We don`t know the exact figure but it has raked in over Rs.35 crore so far. It has turned out to be biggest hit in Malayalam industry," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
A tautly made thriller, the film revolves around the efforts of a father to cover up a murder committed by his family member.
'Drishyam' will soon be remade in Tamil with Kamal Haasan and with Daggubati Venkatesh in Telugu.
While Jeethu Joseph, who directed the original, will helm the Tamil remake, actor-filmmaker Sripriya will direct the Telugu version.
Talks are also on for a Hindi remake of the film as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody