`Drishyam` makers hope to cut new wave in Telugu cinema
Chennai: The makers of upcoming Telugu thriller ‘Drishyam’, a remake of a similarly titled Malayalam blockbuster, are confident it will not mimic the standard formula of filmmaking and produce a new wave of cinema in the language.
"`Drishyam` is a new experience even for us as an attempt to break away from mimicking the standard formula, to find new ways of offering audience a completely different cinematic experience. We believe it will create a new wave in Telugu filmdom," the film`s producer Suresh Babu said in a statement.
"We wanted to make a movie that will connect with each and every Telugu movie buff. In `Drishyam`, we found we could do it," he added.
Directed by Sripriya, the film has been shot in places such as Araku Valley, Vizianagaram, Hyderabad and Kerala.
‘Drishyam’, which is slated for release in July, features Daggubati Venkatesh and Meena in lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- Kangana Ranaut birthday special: The bold and beautiful 'Queen' who knows how to rule!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Rajinikanth's '2.0': Police detain two crew members for attacking journalists?
- PIL against Kamal Haasan for allegedly hurting Hindu sentiments
- Pawan Kalyan, Shruti Haasan's 'Katamarayudu' trailer packs quite a punch! - Watch
- Khushbu Sundar in Rajinikanth's next with Pa Ranjith?