`Drishyam` rakes in Rs.5.23 crore in opening weekend
Chennai: Venkatesh-starrer Telugu family thriller `Drishyam`, which is the eponymous remake of a Malayalam blockbuster, has minted Rs.5.23 crore in the opening weekend in Andhra Pradesh.
It`s a slow but steady start for the film, believes trade analyst Trinath.
"The film opened to very low numbers but gradually picked up on the second day and has been steady at the box-office since then. It has collected about Rs.5.23 crore in its opening weekend in the state," Trinath told reporters.
Directed by Sripriya Rajkumar, `Drishyam` is about a man`s struggle to protect his family. It also features Meena and Nadiya in important roles.
The original, which featured superstar Mohanlal in the lead, was a blockbuster and turned out to be the highest grossing Malayalam film ever.
`Drishyam` will soon remade in Tamil with actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions
- Would love to be a dance teacher: Alia Bhatt