`Drishyam` rakes in Rs.5.23 crore in opening weekend
Chennai: Venkatesh-starrer Telugu family thriller `Drishyam`, which is the eponymous remake of a Malayalam blockbuster, has minted Rs.5.23 crore in the opening weekend in Andhra Pradesh.
It`s a slow but steady start for the film, believes trade analyst Trinath.
"The film opened to very low numbers but gradually picked up on the second day and has been steady at the box-office since then. It has collected about Rs.5.23 crore in its opening weekend in the state," Trinath told reporters.
Directed by Sripriya Rajkumar, `Drishyam` is about a man`s struggle to protect his family. It also features Meena and Nadiya in important roles.
The original, which featured superstar Mohanlal in the lead, was a blockbuster and turned out to be the highest grossing Malayalam film ever.
`Drishyam` will soon remade in Tamil with actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan's awesome bromance bigger than any award!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody