`Eega` to feature at Shanghai film festival
Chennai: After Cannes, SS Rajamouli`s highly successful Telugu revenge-drama ‘Eega’ has been selected to feature in the panorama section of upcoming 16th Shanghai International Film Festival.
The festival will start June 15 and end on June 23.
Confirming the same, film`s director SS Rajamouli posted on his Twitter page: "We got the official confirmation this morning. ‘Eega’ has been selected in the panorama section of Shanghai International Film Festival".
Rajamouli feels these are baby steps to venture into new markets.
"These are small steps into venturing into newer markets. Hoping to make some breakthroughs, however small they might be," he further said.
‘Eega’ featuring Nani, Kiccha Sudeep and Samantha Ruth Prabhu, is a story of a man reborn as a housefly to avenge his killers. The film was also released in Hindi as ‘Makkhi’ and as ‘Naan Ee’ in Tamil.
Besides being a box-office hit, the film also managed to pocket two national awards - best special effects and best film in Telugu at the 60th National Film Awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Aww! Here's a sweet gesture by Alia Bhatt towards mom Soni Razdan – Check out
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics