`Goynar Baksho` competing in three main categories in NYIFF
Kolkata: Aparna Sen`s Bengali film `Goynar Baksho` (jewellery box) has made it to the prestigious New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF), vying for honours in three main categories.
The film, which focuses on oppression of widows and women`s emancipation, received nominations in the Best Film, Best Director and Best Actress categories.
Aparna`s daughter Konkona Sen Sharma has been nominated in the Best Actress category, the producers of the film said. NYIFF is the oldest and most prestigious film festival screening premieres of feature, documentary and short films made from, of and about Indian subcontinent in the independent, art-house, alternate and Diaspora genres.
Apart from Aparna, Anurag Kashyap, Rahul Bhatt, Mohan Agashe, Gurinder Chadha, Shahana Goswami, Madhur Jaffrey, Sakina Jaffrey are also slated to attend the festival this year. The six-day festival, started on May 5, is showcasing 34 films. One of the main actors in the film Srabonti said that the film dealt with womanhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody