`Hanuman.Com` to have international release at Cannes
Kolkata: `Hanuman.Com`, first Bengali movie extensively shot in the icy terrain of Iceland, starring actor Prosenjit Chatterjee will have its international release at the Cannes.
"This film boasts of a mixed global cast, actors and crew from Berlin besides that of Bengal.
"This is not my first visit to the place. Earlier Ritu`s (Rituparno Ghosh) `Dosar` had also been screened at Cannes," Prosenjit told PTI on the sidelines of a film festival on his 30 films spanning over three decades of his career here.
"Nothing could be a more ideal platform than Cannes for screening `Hanuman.Com` as the film has Iceland as background, German actor Claudia Mehnert as one important female lead and German foley sound designers recreating the soundscape," he said.
"I wish to make a presentation dwelling on the rich film making tradition of Bengal, as part of the 100th year of Indian film industry in the open forum during my two-day sojourn to the 66th edition of the festival and also catch up with Anurag (Kashyap) and watch his film," the `Shanghaai` actor added.
The unreleased film, post-production of which was
completed months back, will be world-premiered on May 18 and 19 at an auditorium in the festival venue, Namit Bajoria of Cinenine Productions said.
Prosenjit plays the role of a teacher named Anjaniputra Sen Sharma in Hanuman.Com, the first Indian film to be shot in that part of the world which he describes as a journey from the modest home in a West Bengal town to the end of the world but both linked by net.
Director Gourav Pandey said that he had conceived the story three years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Udi Udi Jaaye' from 'Raees': Check out Shah Rukh Khan, Falguni Pathak's adorable conversation
- Rohit Roy reveals he was offered huge money to enter 'Bigg Boss' as contestant
- 'Jolly LL.B 2' trailer 2: Akshay Kumar brings forward intense side of legal system
- Jallikattu row: Kamal Haasan appeals for calm, says 'none can take away your rights'
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels