`Jai Bolo Samaikyandhra` to focus on need to be united: Director
Hyderabad: Debutant director Laxman Pudi, who started shooting for upcoming Telugu political-drama `Jai Bolo Samaikyandhra` Wednesday, says the goal of his film is to reiterate the need to stay united.
The film will focus upon the current Samaikyandhra movement in Andhra Pradesh.
"The idea is not to make it controversial, but focus on why we should stay united as one state. There would be nothing with reference to Telangana in the film. It will feature some of the real politicians of our movement in key roles," Laxman said.
"The film will narrate the consequences that led to the division of the state, what the state is going through now and who have suffered the most due to all this," he added.
Politician C. Sobha Rani will essay an important role in the film.
"She was kind enough to be part of the film because she supports this movement. We intend to use some of her real life speeches in the film to bring in authenticity," said Laxman.
`Jai Bolo Samaikyandhra` also features Kavita and Posani Krishna Murali in lead roles. It is being produced by P. Venkat Rao.
The makers are planning to release the film Nov 1 to coincide with AP formation day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'
- ‘Baahubali’ puts regional cinema in forefront by minting Rs 500 crores!
- Prabhudheva announces three Tamil productions
- 'The Path of Zarathustra', a film on Parsis to release next month
- ‘Baahubali’ creates history; Hindi version rakes in Rs 100 crore!
- Tamil superstar Ajith completes 23 years in film industry