`Jai Bolo Samaikyandhra` to focus on need to be united: Director
Hyderabad: Debutant director Laxman Pudi, who started shooting for upcoming Telugu political-drama `Jai Bolo Samaikyandhra` Wednesday, says the goal of his film is to reiterate the need to stay united.
The film will focus upon the current Samaikyandhra movement in Andhra Pradesh.
"The idea is not to make it controversial, but focus on why we should stay united as one state. There would be nothing with reference to Telangana in the film. It will feature some of the real politicians of our movement in key roles," Laxman said.
"The film will narrate the consequences that led to the division of the state, what the state is going through now and who have suffered the most due to all this," he added.
Politician C. Sobha Rani will essay an important role in the film.
"She was kind enough to be part of the film because she supports this movement. We intend to use some of her real life speeches in the film to bring in authenticity," said Laxman.
`Jai Bolo Samaikyandhra` also features Kavita and Posani Krishna Murali in lead roles. It is being produced by P. Venkat Rao.
The makers are planning to release the film Nov 1 to coincide with AP formation day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You should be prepared for trolls on social media: Amitabh Bachchan
- Ranvir Shorey starrer 'Blue Mountains' to release in April
- I'm not judgmental about any character: Vicky Kaushal
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah' makers file complaint over leaked scenes
- Freedom is main attraction of hip-hop, says rapper Raftaar
- SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2': Queen Elizabeth II to watch it first?
- I will always get up: Malyalam actress after kidnap ordeal
- Dhanush paternity row: South superstar appears in court for birthmark identification
- SS Rajamouli opens up about trailer launch of 'Baahubali: The Conclusion'
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Actress resumes work