`Kamaraj` makers` eye crowd-funding for re-release
Chennai: Tamil biopic `Kamaraj`, which has been digitally restored, is likely to release in cinemas April 18. The makers of the 1994 film have appealed to general public to contribute to its advertising and re-release expenses.
The film is based on the life of Congress leader K. Kamaraj, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
"We seek the support of public to help us bear the advertising cost and other miscellaneous expenses associated with release of the film. We are planning to release the film on April 18, provided we raise some money before that," producer Ramana said.
A decade ago the film didn`t have state-wide release due to the financial constraints.
"It`s a story that all Tamilians deserve to watch. In 1994, we couldn`t release the film all over Tamil Nadu due to financial constraints. This time we plan to release the film state-wide in a good number of screens," he added.
In 2007, the English version of the film was released in DVD format.
The film features Richard Madhuram, Sambathraj Sumant, Mahendran, Vijaya and Charu Haasan in lead roles.
Maestro Illayaraja composed tunes for the film, which was directed by A. Balakrishnan.
Kamaraj, a powerful Congress leader from Tamil Nadu, was the chief minister for three consecutive terms 1954-63, and came up with Kamaraj Plan that saw senior party leaders quit their government posts to re-invigorate the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Rajinikanth's '2.0': Police detain two crew members for attacking journalists?
- PIL against Kamal Haasan for allegedly hurting Hindu sentiments