`Kaththi` gets flak from Tamil fringe groups
Chennai: As many as 65 members from different Tamil fringe groups have demanded a ban on Vijay-starrer Tamil actioner "Kaththi" alleging that its co-producer A. Subhaskaran has direct links with Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa and his government.
A.R. Murugadoss-directed "Kaththi" is jointly co-produced by Subhaskaran`s Lyca Productions and Ayngaran International.
"Ayngaran Karunakaran is a known distributor, but now Subhaskaran of Lyca has joined him too. We are not denying the fact that Subhaskaran is a Sri Lankan Tamil, but he has links with Rajapaksa and the entire Tamil community is aware of it.
"We can`t accept A.R. Murugadoss and Vijay`s betrayal against Tamil people as they have joined hands with Lyca," the members said in a statement.
"When we all are working for an economical ban against Sri Lankan government, now Sri Lankan companies are trying to establish their footsteps in Tamil Nadu and we won`t allow it," added the statement.
"Kaththi", slated for Diwali release, also features Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Neil Nitin Mukesh in lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films
- Anushka fought like true warrior in 'Rudhramadevi': Vikramjeet Virk
- Shruti Haasan records song with Anirudh Ravichander for Tamil film 'Vedalam'
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ Malaysia shoot schedule to start soon