`Kochadaiiyaan` made on a fraction of budget of `Avatar`: Producer
Chennai: Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer Tamil period-drama ‘Kochadaiiyaan’ has been made on a budget of Rs.125 crore, says its producer J Murali Manohar, who feels it can`t be compared with ‘Avatar’ or ‘Tin Tin’ as these films are made on a larger budget.
‘Kochadaiiyaan’ marks the directorial debut of Soundarya, daughter of Rajinikanth. It is said to be India`s first motion capture photo-realistic 3D animated film.
"Our film is made on a budget of Rs.125 crore and it took us two years. `Avatar` was made on a budget of Rs.3,000 crore and was completed in five years, while `Tin Tin` cost about Rs.4,000 crore and also took about five years. Look at the budget and time, we can`t compare `Kochadaiiyaan` with these films," Manohar said.
‘Kochadaiiyaan’, which also stars Deepika Padukone, Jackie Shroff, R. Sarath Kumar, Nasser, Aadi Pinisetty, Shobana and Rukmini, is slated to release April 11.
"When Soundarya approached me with the concept, I was moved by her conviction in the film and the technology to be used in it. I told her that you are an ambitious director and I`m a gutsy producer...let`s do the film," he said.
The film is jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment. There are plans to release the movie in twelve languages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CONFIRMED! Aditi Rao Hydari to play 'Bhoomi' in Sanjay Dutt's comeback film
- Ajay Devgn sent an emotional message to Salman Khan - But why?
- Salman Khan's 'Tubelight' actress Zhu Zhu got THIS special present from the Khan of all seasons! Guess what?
- Deepika Padukone shoots for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'—Check out first pics!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Crack’ shelved? Here’s the truth
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport