`Mundasupatti` rakes in Rs. 3.1 crore in opening weekend
Chennai: Tamil comedy ‘Mundasupatti’, which released Friday, has netted Rs.3.1 crore in its opening weekend in Tamil Nadu. The makers are extremely happy with the performance of the film.
"Fox Star Studios India and C.V. Kumar`s Thirukumaran Entertainment`s `Mundasupatti` has taken a dream start at the ticket window. The film notched up Rs.3.1 crore in its opening weekend, which in fact is the highest ever opening for a C.V. Kumar film," a statement said.
This is the fifth back-to-back hit for the production houses that popular for churning out successful Tamil films such as ‘Engeyum Eppothum’, ‘Pizza’ and ‘Soodhu Kavvum’.
Directed by debutant Ram Kumar, ‘Mundasupatti’ is a story about superstition handled with wit.
The film features Vishnu Vishal, Nandita, Anandraj, Kaali Venkat and Ramadass in lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody