`Potugadu` to have Tamil remake soon
Chennai: The recent Telugu hit `Potugadu` will be remade in Tamil with a top notch star soon. The makers of the original are keen to produce the remake as well.
`Potugadu`, which features Manchu Manoj in the lead, was produced by L. Sridhar.
“Serious talks are happening and I should be able to confirm (it) in the next ten days. I want to start things by November, so I am pushing them from my end. I have the remake rights for all languages and will remake it in as many languages as possible based on commercial viability,” L. Sridhar said.
Two Tamil directors are being considered for the remake.
“Two people (directors) are under consideration. Director Cheran, who has expressed interest, and K.P. Jegannath, who made `Raman Thediya Seethai`, are being considered ... everything will be finalised shortly,” he added.
There is a strong buzz that actor Silambarasan aka Simbu, who crooned the song “Bujji pilla” in `Potugadu`, is likely to star in the remake.
Simbu is currently busy wrapping up his Tamil films `Vettai Mannan` and `Vaalu`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Visaaranai movie review: Honest, spine-chilling take on abuse of power
- Visaranai quick review: Thrilling ode by Vetrimaaran!
- Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay packs an impressive punch in 'Theri' teaser—Watch it here!
- Radhika Apte joins ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth in Malaysia
- Gujarat government’s new policy to boost regional cinema