`Thanga Meengal` adjudged best Tamil film in CIFF 2013
Chennai: `Thanga Meengal`, which beautifully portrayed the father-daughter relationship and life around government-run schools was today adjudged the best Tamil film in the 11th Chennai International Film Festival here.
Chief guest and `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra handed over the award to the film`s director Ram at the valedictory of the CIFF here.
"Movies are not homogeneous. Every film is special. We are
not making cars here. We are not making bikes here. Every film is special. Chennai Film Festival has truly connected the festival with the masses," Mehra said in his speech.
Special certificates were given to child artistes Prithviraj Das and Sadhana for their roles in `Haridas` and `Thanga Meengal` respectively.
Special Jury Award in Tamil was given to actor Atharva for his role in `Paradesi.`
`Haridas` was also adjudged the second best Tamil film.
A total of 106 films were screened from 58 countries in five venues in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast