`Thanga Meengal` adjudged best Tamil film in CIFF 2013
Chennai: `Thanga Meengal`, which beautifully portrayed the father-daughter relationship and life around government-run schools was today adjudged the best Tamil film in the 11th Chennai International Film Festival here.
Chief guest and `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra handed over the award to the film`s director Ram at the valedictory of the CIFF here.
"Movies are not homogeneous. Every film is special. We are
not making cars here. We are not making bikes here. Every film is special. Chennai Film Festival has truly connected the festival with the masses," Mehra said in his speech.
Special certificates were given to child artistes Prithviraj Das and Sadhana for their roles in `Haridas` and `Thanga Meengal` respectively.
Special Jury Award in Tamil was given to actor Atharva for his role in `Paradesi.`
`Haridas` was also adjudged the second best Tamil film.
A total of 106 films were screened from 58 countries in five venues in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!
- Priyanka Chopra's first Marathi film 'Ventilator' kicks off!
- Aadarsh Balakrishna joins cast of 'Neram' remake
- Prabhas to double his weight for ‘Baahubali' part 2?
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!