`The Good Road` nominated as India`s entry for Oscars
New Delhi: Gyan Correa`s National award- winning Gujarati film `The Good Road`, a lost-and-found story of a small boy, was today nominated to represent India in the Best Foreign Film category at next year`s Oscars.
It saw off strong competition from films like `The Lunchbox`, `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`, `English Vinglish`, Malayalam film `Celluloid` and Kamal Haasan`s `Vishwaroopam`.
"There were 22 entries from different parts of India for consideration this year. Films like `The Lunchbox`, `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` and `Vishwaroopam` were short-listed but it was an unanimous decision by the 19-member jury to select `The Good Road`," Gautam Ghosh, chairman of Oscar selection committee, told reporters.
He said the jury had a five-hour-long discussion before finally selecting `The Good Road`, which won the national award for the best Gujarati film.
"This is a new film but `The Good Road` surprises as it shows the unknown India through the story of a boy who is lost and then found while his family is on a holiday trip to Kutch," Ghosh added.
Produced by the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC), `The Good Road` marks 42-year-old Correa`s debut.
The film stars Keval Katrodia as seven-year-old Aditya who loses his way in the desert. It also stars Sonali Kulkarni and actor Ajay Gehi as Aditya`s parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!
- Rajinikanth's '2.0': Police detain two crew members for attacking journalists?
- PIL against Kamal Haasan for allegedly hurting Hindu sentiments