`Thirudan Police` song was originally for `Aaranya Kaandam`
Chennai: A song, originally composed for 2011 Tamil gangster film `Aaranya Kaandam` and written by late legendary lyricist Vaali, has now been used in upcoming Tamil romantic-comedy `Thirudan Police`.
The song is called `Moodu panikkul odi thiriyum`.
"Though I never had an opportunity to work with the late Vaali sir, it is a lifetime honour to find his song in my maiden film, thanks to my producers SPB Charan and Selva for making this happen," the film`s director Caarthick said in a statement.
"This song was actually written for `Aaranya Kaandam`, produced by SPB Charan sir, but they couldn`t use it. I pleaded Charan sir to let me use the song and all he demanded was to get a suitable tune from Yuvan (Yuvan Shankar Raja) for it," he said.
`Thirudan Police`, which is slated for a September release, features Dinesh and Aishwarya Rajesh in lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Rajinikanth lauds makers of 'Puli'
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films