`With You, Without You` pulled out from Chennai after protests
Chennai: Critically acclaimed Sri Lankan film `With You, Without You` by filmmaker Prasanna Vithanage was pulled out from screens here Saturday following protests and threats from Tamil fringe groups.
The film released in select cities in the country via PVR Director`s Rare Friday.
"We will have to discontinue #WithYouWithoutYou with immediate effect in Chennai due to protests/threats from local Tamil associations. Sorry (sic)," posted Shiladitya Bora, who manages PVR Director`s Rare, on his Twitter page Saturday.
"With You, Without You", about two characters who accidentally collide in the post-war Sri Lanka, features Shyam Fernando and National Award winning Indian actress Anjali Patil in the lead roles.
The story of `With You, Without You` is based on the short story `The Meek One` by Russian author Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone’s 'Bajirao Mastani' to release in Tamil, Telugu
- I thought acting offer was a joke: Shankar Mahadevan
- Marathi actor Prashant Damle to get Dinanath Mangeshkar award
- Om Puri to be back in Malayalam films after 27 years
- Make music compulsory in schools, colleges: Ilayaraja