3D technology brought life to `OM`, says Kalyan Ram
Chennai: Happy with the way his forthcoming Telugu action-drama `OM` is shaping up, actor Kalyan Ram says the 3D technology has enhanced the film and it was worth spending more than a year on the project.
"We didn`t want to compromise on 3D. We didn`t mind spending more than a year on the project because I felt it was worth it. After I saw the output in 3D recently, I think the effort we put in has paid off. I think the technology brought life into the film," Kalyan told reporters.
Time shouldn`t be a constraint while using technology."
"I think the better you understand the technology, you can reap better results out of it. We spent a lot of time only to have a clear vision about how 3D works because there are so many things one needs to keep in mind," he said.
"Besides the proper equipment to shoot in 3D, we also wanted experienced technicians who could do justice to the technology. We hired international technicians who work closely with the Indian technicians on the project," added Kalyan who home banner NTR Arts is producingt the film.
Hollywood technicians such as David Taylor, who worked for `Avatar` and `Final Destination 5`, and Ian Markus, knonw for films such as `The Amazing Spiderman`, worked on the project.
Kalyan says post-production was the most time consuming.
"We finished shooting in about 100 days, but post-production work was an exhaustive process. We spent close to a year on post-production to ensure the final output was beyond our expectations," he added.
Directed by Sunil Reddy, `OM` is releasing July 19. It also features Nikesha Patel and Kriti Kharbanda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Market forces determine heroine's pay, not gender: Karthi Sivakumar
- Proud to have played a woman in 'Remo': Sivakarthikeyan
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside