5 day annual film festival to begin in Puducherry tomorrow
Puducherry: The 30th annual five day film festival conducted by the government under the banner `Indian Panorama` will get underway from here tomorrow.
The festival is being held in association with the Directorate of Films New Delhi and Puducherry based Navadarshan Film Society.
The highlight of the festival will be presentation of Rs one lakh cash award instituted by government (in memory of playwright Sankaradoss Swamigal) to A Sargunam, Director of the Tamil movie `Vaagai Sooda Vaa` in view of its being adjudged a good movie, a release from the organisers said.
Chief Minister N.Rangasamy would present the cash award and also a citation to the director and inaugurate the film festival, it said.
The movie would be screened tomorrow after the formal inauguration of the celebration.
Bengali movie `Elar Char Adhyay` will be screened on September 7 followed by Malayalam movie `Ozhimuri` on Sept 8, another Malayalam movie `Ithramathram` on Sept 9 and Hindi movie `Gangoobai` on September 10
Alliance Francaise here is another co sponsor of the festival, the release said, adding that admission to the movies would be free of cost. The Union territory government has been holding the festival every year without break since last 39 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?
- Veeram: Amitabh Bachchan unveils teaser of official theme song – WATCH, It’s intense!
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office