Actor Mani in trouble for tiff with Customs
Kochi: South Indian cine actor Kalabhavan Mani today ran into trouble over alleged rude behavior with Customs officials at the airport here over a gold bracelet he wore when he landed here after a foreign tour.
According to Airport Customs sources, Mani spoke in a rude manner to the officials on duty while they raised questions about a bracelet he had on his wrist.
The actor then allegedly threw the bracelet at the counter and rushed out of the terminal.
Mani, however, rejected the allegation as baseless and said he was being harassed by customs and police from quite sometime.
"They asked me about the bracelet. I told them I have been wearing it for last several years. I did not speak to them in a rude manner. This will become clear if the CCTV footage is verified," Mani told reporters.
According to Customs sources, a notice is likely to be slapped on Mani seeking explanation from him about the gold bracelet.
A few months back, Mani got involved in a similar controversy for allegedly objecting to his car being searched by forest officials at Athirappally in Thrissur District.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- Hrithik Roshan's new song 'Kaabil Hoon Main' is soft and soothing!
- Mahira Khan will promote 'Raees' only if it is necessary, says producer
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Katrina Kaif in one frame is a sight to behold!
- Cheap Fast Food places to visit in Mumbai
- Cho Ramaswamy passes away: Tamil film personalities may homage
- Cho Ramaswamy was a multi-dimensional film personality
- Sridevi posts an old classic pic with Jayalalithaa on Twitter
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters