Actor Mani in trouble for tiff with Customs
Kochi: South Indian cine actor Kalabhavan Mani today ran into trouble over alleged rude behavior with Customs officials at the airport here over a gold bracelet he wore when he landed here after a foreign tour.
According to Airport Customs sources, Mani spoke in a rude manner to the officials on duty while they raised questions about a bracelet he had on his wrist.
The actor then allegedly threw the bracelet at the counter and rushed out of the terminal.
Mani, however, rejected the allegation as baseless and said he was being harassed by customs and police from quite sometime.
"They asked me about the bracelet. I told them I have been wearing it for last several years. I did not speak to them in a rude manner. This will become clear if the CCTV footage is verified," Mani told reporters.
According to Customs sources, a notice is likely to be slapped on Mani seeking explanation from him about the gold bracelet.
A few months back, Mani got involved in a similar controversy for allegedly objecting to his car being searched by forest officials at Athirappally in Thrissur District.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- Preity Zinta all set to make her first TV show appearance post wedding! – See pic
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic