Actor-politician Ambareesh gets medical treatment on taxpayers money
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: In a boiling controversy of sorts, Karnataka`s actor-turned-politician, MH Ambareesh has reportedly spent a whopping crore to get medical treatment abroad. But, the catch is that the it was the hard-earned money of the taxpayers which suffixed his fat bills.
According to leading news websites, Ambareesh, who is at present the Minister of Housing for the Karnataka State has claimed medical expenses worth Rs. 1.16 crore, including bills from Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre.
However, as per rules, ministers are entitled to get the reimbursement only up to Rs 5 lakh for their medical treatment.
The medical bills also include the airfare for the rebel-star`s ( as he is fondly called) family and entourage of doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Satrangi Sasural - Aarushi’s life is in danger! Know who plans to kill her
- Karan Tacker, Sunidhi Chauhan already missing 'The Voice India'
- Want to stay fit? Develop close friendships
- Kapil Sharma sings for 'Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon'
- Miley Cyrus leaves little to imagination, wears revealing outfits at MTV VMA