Actor-politician Ambareesh gets medical treatment on taxpayers money
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: In a boiling controversy of sorts, Karnataka`s actor-turned-politician, MH Ambareesh has reportedly spent a whopping crore to get medical treatment abroad. But, the catch is that the it was the hard-earned money of the taxpayers which suffixed his fat bills.
According to leading news websites, Ambareesh, who is at present the Minister of Housing for the Karnataka State has claimed medical expenses worth Rs. 1.16 crore, including bills from Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre.
However, as per rules, ministers are entitled to get the reimbursement only up to Rs 5 lakh for their medical treatment.
The medical bills also include the airfare for the rebel-star`s ( as he is fondly called) family and entourage of doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch
- Why Shahid Kapoor requested Karan Johar to call former ladylove Kareena Kapoor
- Sonu Sood's father dies of cardiac arrest at 77
- 'Kahaani 2' in pre-production stage, to star Vidya: Sujoy Ghosh
- Shah Rukh Khan's toy date with AbRam disrupted by fan mob—Watch here!