Actress Meera Jasmine marries engineer
Thiruvananthapuram: National Award winning actress Meera Jasmine married engineer Anil John in a church in the state capital Wednesday.
Their marriage was formally registered as per law in front of a sub-registrar at the Kochi home of the actress Feb 9, but the wedding ceremony took place Wednesday.
The two are said to have met through a matrimonial site. Their respective families then took the lead.
Meera told reporters here that her first priority would be the family but if good roles come her way she will don the grease paint.
John works as a computer engineer in the Middle East and the two are shortly flying out to an undisclosed destination for their honeymoon.
Their nuptials took place amid tight security at John`s behest, and the ceremony was attended by known names in society.
During a career that began in 2001 with the film `Soothradharan`, Meera went on to win a best actress National award in 2004 for `Paadam Onnu: Oru Vilapam`. She has since emerged as a sought after name in the industry here.
In her over a decade long career in the movie world, she has starred with all the top stars in the industry here and has acted in more than 65 films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!
- Tamannaah excited, nervous to romance Prabhudheva in her next
- Chennai singer Shan Johnson passes away
- Visaaranai movie review: Honest, spine-chilling take on abuse of power