Actress Meera Jasmine marries engineer
Thiruvananthapuram: National Award winning actress Meera Jasmine married engineer Anil John in a church in the state capital Wednesday.
Their marriage was formally registered as per law in front of a sub-registrar at the Kochi home of the actress Feb 9, but the wedding ceremony took place Wednesday.
The two are said to have met through a matrimonial site. Their respective families then took the lead.
Meera told reporters here that her first priority would be the family but if good roles come her way she will don the grease paint.
John works as a computer engineer in the Middle East and the two are shortly flying out to an undisclosed destination for their honeymoon.
Their nuptials took place amid tight security at John`s behest, and the ceremony was attended by known names in society.
During a career that began in 2001 with the film `Soothradharan`, Meera went on to win a best actress National award in 2004 for `Paadam Onnu: Oru Vilapam`. She has since emerged as a sought after name in the industry here.
In her over a decade long career in the movie world, she has starred with all the top stars in the industry here and has acted in more than 65 films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- 'Dance+' season two: 14-year-old Tanay Malhara takes home the trophy
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production
- 'Thodari' release delayed in Karnataka